Love chocolate? How about making this creamy chocolate dessert also known as a ‘Pot of Chocolate’. Curtis Stone shows you how to create this delicious desert in your home kitchen with ease and flair.
For information on Preparation Time, Ingredients and Preparation Method see below.
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 5 minutes + 3+ hours chilling
- 2 cups milk
- 500 g dark cooking chocolate (70% cocoa), broken into small pieces, plus extra for shaving
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place the milk in a large saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, being careful not to scorch. Add the chocolate and continue stirring with a rubber spatula until smooth and the chocolate has melted. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, beat the yolks in a large bowl. Slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the yolks, one ladle at a time, being careful not to scramble the egg yolks. Once half the melted chocolate is incorporated, pour the rest in, along with the vanilla and salt, mixing thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to a jug. Carefully pour into 8 ramekins or glasses and refrigerate, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove and cover with plastic wrap and return to the fridge for 3-4 hours, up to 1 day ahead. This prevents a skin from forming.
- About 20 minutes before serving, remove the chocolate pots from the fridge to bring to room temperature. Whip the cream lightly to form soft peaks and fold in the cinnamon.
- To serve, spoon the cream mixture over the chocolate pots and tap glass on your hand to distribute the cream over the top. Using a vegetable peeler, scrape the remaining chocolate over the cream to make chocolate curls.