Coles and Curtis Stone show how to make a sensational Coconut Rice Pudding with Caramelised Pear.
For information on Preparation Time, Ingredients and Preparation Method see below.
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 35 minutes + 1 hour cooling
SERVES Serves 4
- 2 cups TCC Coconut Milk
- 1 1/4 cups Coles Brand Full Cream Milk
- 1/2 cup Coles Brand Arborio Rice
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Coles Brand Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Coles Smart Buy Honey
- 2 tsp Sugar, extra
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Classic Asian Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Pear, sliced very thinly
- For the Pudding: Combine the coconut milk, milk, rice, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a heavy-based medium saucepan. Stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, for 20-25 mins, until the rice is tender and the liquid has mostly been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat. Stand for 5 mins.
- Divide rice pudding among 4 small glasses or bowls, refrigerate for one hour to cool.
- For the Caramelised Pear: Combine the honey, sugar, water and vinegar in a heavy-based frying pan. Swirl the pan to help dissolve sugar. Add pear slices and shake over medium-high heat for 2-3 mins, or until pear is cooked and slightly caramelised. Spoon over rice puddings to serve.