Curtis Stone show you how to cook a traditional, slow cooked Pork Leg Roast.
For information on Preparation Time, Ingredients and Preparation Method see below.
PREP TIME 20 minutes
COOK TIME 1 hour 30 minutes + 30 minutes resting
- 6 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp sea salt (or coarse salt)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 kg Coles Easy Carve Pork Leg Roast, scored, twine removed
- 1-1.5 kg Carisma potatoes, cut into halves diagonal
- 8 shallots, peeled
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200˚C (180˚C fan forced). Place rosemary in roasting pan, drizzle with oil and cook for 8-10 minutes until dry and crispy. Remove and cool.
- Remove rosemary leaves from stem and add to mortar and pestle or food processor with the salt. Pulse until rosemary is ground and incorporated into the salt.
- Increase oven temperature to 250˚C (225˚C fan forced) and place large baking tray in oven to preheat for potatoes.
- Rub herbed salt into the pork skin, working into the score marks and all over the leg. Place pork on small rack in large baking dish, skin side up. Cook in oven for about 20 minutes to crisp the skin.
- While pork leg is cooking, toss potatoes, shallots and garlic with smoked paprika and oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Af ter 20 minutes , reduce the heat to 180˚C (160˚C fan forced). Remove preheated baking tray from oven and scatter the potatoes around the pan in a single layer.
- Place potatoes in oven with pork and cook a further 45 minutes until pork is cooked through or a thermometer reads 55˚C (as a rule, cook for 20-25 minutes per 500g of weight) and potatoes are crispy and tender.
- Remove pork from oven and stand for 20 minutes to allow the juices to settle. Remove potatoes and keep covered with foil.
- Slice the pork and serve with the potatoes, shallots and any remaining pan juices.